Vortex is the annual festival of the Electrical Engineering society, IIT Delhi. With events ranging from workshops to technical competitions, from comedy shows to treasure hunts the fest is designed to engage everyone.Electronics is no more just a component in modern technology; it is the basis of assessment of a country’s progress.
It is one of the most knowledge-intensive and dynamic fields of study. It is the field that is most crucial to tackling national problems of illiteracy, healthcare and safety which imparts it with tremendous potential in India. With the knowledge of this fact, Electrical Engineering Society, IIT Delhi, endeavors to create a community of students driven by a passion for electronics and innovation by acting as a means for them to learn and challenge what they have learnt. We aim to turn students into visionaries who can create a better society with their love for technology.
Event Date 9th – 10thapril 2016
- Hackathon by HackerEarth
- Future Avenues
- Image Processing
- Treasure Hunt
- Ethical Hacking- Hacking is not about illegal things, it’s all about how to secure your system.Learn the basic knowledge of hacking and how to protect your system against hazardous effects in this workshop.
- Android App Development- Learn the basics of Android and Java programming, and take the first step on your journey to becoming an Android developer!
Groom your devices with excellent android technologies.
- Robotics- Robots are interesting because they exist as a real technology that you can really study- you can get a degree in Robotics- and they also have all this pop- culture real estate that they take up in people’s minds. Robotics brings together several very different engineering areas and skills. It is interesting and innovative.
- Cyber Forensics- Cyber forensics is the application of investigation techniques to gather and preserve evidence from a particular computing device in a way that is suitable for presentation in a court of law. The goal of computer forensics is to examine digital media with the aim of identifying, preserving, recovering, and analyzing the digital information.
- Web Development- Come and learn about different platforms and methods of designing your website.If there’s one thing you learn by working on a lot of different Web sites, it’s that almost any design ide, no matter how appallingly bad–can be made usable in the right circumstances, with enough effort.
- Internet of Things(IOT)- The Internet of Things (IoT) is the network of physical objects & devices, vehicles, buildings and other items embedded with electronics, software, sensors, and network connectivity—that enables these objects to collect and exchange data.
- Augmented Reality- Augmented reality (AR) is a live direct or indirect view of a physical, real-world environment whose elements are augmented (or supplemented) by computer-generated sensory input such as sound, video, graphics or GPS data.
- Automobile & IC Engine Design – This workshop is aimed at participants with diverse backgrounds with an interest to learn about constructing an automobile which will make the participants innovate in the design stage, put their design into practice in the manufacturing stage and see their hard work take-off through the hands of the expert at the end. It provides an opportunity to experience the true spirit of engineering.