UNIX Internals lecture notes,ebook,pdf download for CS/IT engineers

akshay

Feb 19, 2015
Student of
M.Tech
Hi Fellas,

Check out the ebook of UNIX Internals for CS/IT engineering students. I will also share the lecture notes and other ebooks in PDF download format. This ebook on UNIX Internals covers the following modules.

UNIT I GENERAL OVERVIEW OF THE SYSTEM

History − System structure − User perspective − Operating system services − Assumptions about hardware − Introduction to the kernel − Architecture of the UNIX operating system − Introduction to system concepts − Kernel data structures, System administration − Summary and preview.

UNIT II BUFFER CACHE

Buffer headers − Structure of the buffer pool − Advantages and disadvantages of the buffer cache − Internal representation of files − Inodes − Structure of a regular file − Directories − Conversion of a path name to an inode − Super block − Other file types.

UNIT III SYSTEM CALLS FOR FILE SYSTEM

Open − Read − Write − File and record locking − Adjusting the position of file I/O − LSEEK − Close − File creation − Creation of special files − Pipes − Dup, Mounting and unmounting file systems.

UNIT IV THE STRUCTURE OF PROCESSES

Process states and transitions − Layout of system memory − The context of a process − Saving the context of a process − Process control − Process creation − Signals − Process termination − Awaiting process termination − Invoking other programs, The shell − System boot and the INIT process.

UNIT V PROCESS SCHEDULING AND MEMORY MANAGEMENT POLICIES

Process scheduling − Memory management policies − Swapping − A hybrid system with swapping and demand paging − The I/O subsystem − Driver interfaces, Disk drivers − Terminal drivers.

You can easily download this PDF eBook and notes for UNIX Internals by clicking the link below.

Downloads

• Notes & Ebook UNIX Internals.pdf
    7.4 MB · Views: 459
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: simran.sharma