Penology & Correctional Administration - LLB Notes, Free eBook PDF Download for LLB 2nd Year

tina.law

Mar 26, 2018
Student of
LAW (LLM)
Hi Fellow Law (LLB) Students,

On this thread, I am sharing brief and concise notes on the Penology. This subject is mostly taught in the 3rd or 4th semester of the LLB law courses. These PDF lecture notes will help you in preparing well for your semester exams on Penology and assist you in studying from ready made lecture notes.

The major topics covered in these lecture notes and eBook of Penology are:

• Unit-I: Nature of Punishment - Punishment – definition, nature and scope. Types of Punishment. Corporal and Capital Punishment.
  • Unit-II: Theories - Theories of Punishment: Retributive theory, Preventive theory, deterrence theory, Reformation theory.
  • Unit-III: Prison Systems - Historical development of Prison system in India. Prison Manual. Prison Act.
  • Unit-IV: Correctional Institutions - Adult Institutions: Central, District and Sub Jails. Juvenile Institutions: Observation Homes, Special Homes. Women Institutions: Vigilance Home, Protective home. Open Prisons.
  • Unit-V: Community based Corrections - Probation: Concept and Scope, Historical development of probation. Probation in India – Probation of offenders Act. Probation procedures: Pre-sentence Investigation report, Revocation of probation etc. Parole: Meaning and Scope. Parole - provisions and rules. After Care services.
I hope these lecture notes on Penology will help you in your Law studies. Moreover, please feel free to ask any query below or LIKE this post to motivate me to share more study materials with all students! :)

Downloads

• PENOLOGY & CORRECTIONAL ADMINISTRATION Notes.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 658
Last edited:
Reactions: Prerna96 and Asan1

Asobi55

Apr 23, 2020
Student of
LAW (LLB)
Thank you so much for these penology notes, I was trying to find some notes online during this crisis, and this is the first proper thing I found! You have been a great help!