[PDF] Strength of Materials (SOM) BTech Civil Engg. Notes, eBook Download

N

nainagupta95

SOM- STRENGTH OF MATERIALS is considered as one of the most difficult subject in civil engineering branch. Here, is an eBook and lecture notes for you to download.

Main topics covered in Strength of Materials (SOM) BTech Civil Engg. Notes, eBook:

1. ENERGY PRINCIPLES: Strain energy and strain energy density , strain energy in traction, shear in flexure and torsion , castigliano‟s theorems , principle of virtual work , application of energy theorems for computing deflections in beams and trusses , Maxwell‟s reciprocal theorems

2. INDETERMINATE BEAMS: Propped cantilever and fixed beams-fixed end moments and reactions for concentrated load (central, non central), uniformly distributed load, triangular load (maximum at centre and maximum at end) , theorem of three moments , analysis of continuous beams , shear force and bending moment diagrams for continuous beams , slope & deflections in continuous beams (qualitative study only)

3. COLUMNS: Eccentrically loaded short columns , middle third rule , core section , columns of unsymmetrical sections , (angle channel sections) , Euler‟s theory of long columns , critical loads for prismatic columns with different end conditions; Rankine-Gordon formula for eccentrically loaded columns , thick cylinders , compound cylinders.

4. STATE OF STRESS IN THREE DIMENSIONS: Spherical and deviatory components of stress tensor - determination of principal stresses and principal planes , volumetric strain , dilatation and distortion , theories of failure , principal stress dilatation , principal strain , shear stress , strain energy and distortion energy theories , application in analysis of stress, load carrying capacity and design of members , residual stresses

5. ADVANCED TOPICS IN BENDING OF BEAMS: Unsymmetrical bending of beams of symmetrical and unsymmetrical sections , curved beams , Winkler Bach formula , stress concentration , fatigue and fracture.

You can easily download Strength of Materials (SOM) BTech Civil Engg. Notes, eBook by clicking the link below.

Downloads

• Ebook & Notes - STRENGTH OF MATERIALS.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 5,553
Last edited by a moderator:

anurag463

Jun 9, 2016
Student of
Engineering
What is this yarrr...

In every page u have written ur wapsite..
Nd I m not able to see whole page.... In som notes

Admin001

Staff member
Jan 18, 2015
Student of
M.Tech
Negative Infraction and warning for use of abusine language. Please check your PM for more information.

What is this yarrr...

In every page u have written ur wapsite..
Nd I m not able to see whole page.... In som notes

juhi4shah

May 9, 2016
Student of
Engineering
Thanks for the amazing notes on SOM for civil engineering!

Last edited by a moderator:

simran.sharma

Jun 17, 2018
Student of
Engineering
Thanks for the super amazing share of SOM eBook and Notes :)

Rghv

R007
Jul 13, 2018
Student of
Class XII
I can't thank you enough for these SOM notes - strength of material for civil engineering syllabus...

cool.sardar

Feb 21, 2015
Simply amazing! These civil engineering study material on SOM, strength of materials subject are fantastic. I just loved the detail and conciseness in the notes for easy understanding. Good luck!

akshay

Feb 19, 2015
Student of
M.Tech
Great notes / eBook for Strength of material (SOM) I am sure all civil engineering BTECH students will love this study material!