Operations Research (OR) quick revision PDF notes, book, eBook for Mechanical Engineering 3rd Year - Free Download

Rinky.arora

~ La la Land ~
Feb 28, 2015
Student of
Engineering
Hello Mechanical Engineering students, I am sharing the Operations Research (OR) PDF class lecture notes, eBook, book as per the Mechanical Engineering Third year course syllabus. These Operations Research (OR) quick revision notes will help you prepare on the exam day and score good marks.

List of topics covered in Operations Research (OR) quick revision PDF Hand written class notes, book, eBook for Mechanical Engineering Third Year:

Unit-I Introduction - The term operations research was first coined in 1940 by McClosky and Trefthen in a small town Bowdsey, of the United Kingdom. This new science came into existence in a military context. During World War II, military management called on scientists from various disciplines and organized them into teams to assist in solving strategic and tactical problems, relating to air and land defense of the country. Their mission was to formulate specific proposals and plans for aiding the Military commands to arrive at decisions on optimal utilization of scarce military resources and efforts and also to implement the decisions effectively. This new approach to the systematic and scientific study of the operations of the system was called Operations Research or operational research.

UNIT – II TRANSPORTATION PROBLEM - The Transportation problem is one of the sub classes of L.P.Ps in which the objective is to transport various quantities of a single homogeneous commodity, that are initially stored at various origins to different destinations in such a way that the total transport cost is minimum. To Achieve this objective we must know the amount and location of available supplies and the quantities demanded, In addition , we must know that costs that result from transporting one unit of commodity from various origins to various destinations.

Unit –IV Game Theory - Introduction : Game theory is a formal methodology and a set of techniques to study the interaction of rational agents in strategic settings.

UNIT – V WAITING LINES - Queueing theory is the mathematical study of waiting lines, or queues. Significance: We come in contact with waiting line systems, or queuing systems, everywhere and everyday. May it be waiting in line for your morning coffee, opening up your email account to see your list of new messages, or stopping at a red light in a traffic intersection, you are participating in a waitinglinesystem. As a business, waiting line systems are especially important to the operations management of the organization.

Please click the download link below to get Operations Research (OR) quick revision PDF Hand written class notes, book, eBook file for Mechanical Engineering Third Year syllabus.

Downloads

• ME - Operations Research.pdf
    9.2 MB · Views: 1,596
Last edited by a moderator:

anurag.rana

Sep 11, 2018
Thanks for sharing these awesome and simple notes for Operations Research for Mechanical,Automobile and Industrial Production engineering students

cool.sardar

Feb 21, 2015
Great notes on OR - operations research for Mech engineers in 3rd year. TYSM!

adrsh

Senior User
Sep 20, 2020
Wow, thanks! This is THE best free study material ever for Operations Research (OR) subject – these PDF notes eBook for Operations Research (OR) would be a great help for all Mechanical/Automobile engineering students.

I am bookmarking Studynama for my future reference!