Mechanical engineering

Rajani

Mar 11, 2016
Student of
Is mechanical engineering good for girls? Which are good colleges to pursue this course?

PriyaSaxena

Feb 12, 2016
Student of
I think scope is same for girls as well as boys in mechanical engineering & here're my reasons:
Mechanical engineering is more about intellectual work i.e design ,re search and development , analysis , production planning ,etc . The part of work which involves handling of heavy equipment is not done by engineers but by workers who are generally diploma holder from industrial training institutes.Standing on production lines for supervision of process is done by people who have gained a senior position graduating from the work that generally ITI freshers do . So basically , supervisors are those who monitor these freshers or workers with relatively less experience .I think the scope is same for everyone irrespective of gender , how do you materialize the opportunity completely depends upon you . So go ahead and try to get in to top institutes like IITs, NIT, BITS Pilani, UPES Dehradun, Delhi Technological University ...and give wings to your career :)

Reactions: Admin001

Shaina.malhotra

Admin @ Studynama ~
Staff member
Feb 8, 2015
Student of
MBA
Hey Priya,

Thank you for your valuable advice. I think it was helpful for Rajani :)