General Forum FAQ's

Admin001

Staff member
Jan 18, 2015
Student of
M.Tech
1. Am I allowed more than one account?

No, there is no reason why you should have more than one account at Studynama forums. If you are banned from the forums, please do not create a new account. If you continue to create new accounts after you have been banned, your IP address will be blocked from the forums.

2. What happens if I break a rule?

If you break a rule, then you will either be warned or banned. A ban of your user account may either be temporary or permanent.
The administrators and moderators also have the right to edit, delete, move or close any thread or post as they see necessary, without prior warning.

3. What happens if I see a thread/post which has broken a rule?

Please report the thread/post to the moderators or admin.

4. Where can I find out who is in charge?

The Forum Moderators are displayed in every Forum.

5. How do I apply and become a moderator?

All moderator applicants must be a member for at least 90 days (3 months) and have at least 100 posts.
You must be active in the individual forums you wish to moderate and regularly create and respond to threads in those forums.
You must also maintain a working knowledge of the subject matter.
Please be aware that applying to be a moderator does not guarantee acceptance and that moderators will only be appointed when needed.
Current moderators and administrators will review applications and decide if the applicant fits the desired post. Administrators have the final say and we reserve to right to refuse applicants with or without cause.

Moderator Policy

In Order To Apply To Be A Moderator You Must be:

• a forum regular
  • have been at the forum for over 3 months
  • have a positive presence on Studynama Forums
  • be proactive
  • knowledgeable in the Forums they would like to moderate.
  • polite and helpful towards other members and give advice whenever needed and whenever possible.
  • visit the forum each day, actively take part in discussions as often as possible, ideally once a day, setting a good example to the other members.
  • take an active part in discussions between Moderators relating to the running of the forum.
  • help to keep unsuitable content out of the forums as much as possible.

6. My SMILEY ain't working or showing up?

Please make sure you leave a space between the smiley and the previous word. Else it won't work and you will see the raw text output of the smiley.

7. What's this STICKY Posts?

Stickies are posts which can be posted only by moderators/admins and they remain on top of the forum. They will only contain important information which is relevant to all users.

8. What's a BBCode?

All the text effects like colour, font, quotes etc are included in BBCode. So if you have included those in your message, make sure you DONT DISABLE it during posting. Its just like HTML code, only simpler!

9. Any easier way to use the QUOTE function?

Sure there is. Select the text to be quoted using your mouse/keyboard and click on the Quote button.

10. Can I post a poll?

Yes, you sure can. Just make sure it is in the interest of all the members and is in the appropriate forum.

11) Whats a PM?

It means - Personal Message. You can send it to users of this forum. The message is not mailed to the user, but it is stored on the site itself. The receiver has to visit the site to check his/her PM.

GHS_VIDYA

May 30, 2022
Student of
Class IX
Amazing website, thanks to the creators!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Pri.mod