Design of transmission system quick revision PDF notes, book, eBook for Mechanical Engineering 2nd Year

akshay

Feb 19, 2015
Student of
M.Tech
Hi Fellas, check out the eBook of Design of transmission system for ME/AUE/IP engineering students. I will also share the lecture notes and other ebooks in PDF download format.

This eBook, notes on Design of transmission system covers the following modules.

UNIT I DESIGN OF TRANSMISSION SYSTEMS FOR FLEXIBLE ELEMENTS - Selection of V belts and pulleys-selection of Flat belts and pulleys-Wire ropes and pulleys, Selection of Transmission chains and Sprockets.Design of pulleys and sprockets.

UNIT II SPUR GEARS AND PARALLEL AXIS HELICAL GEARS - Gear Terminology-Speed ratios and number of teeth-Force analysis -Tooth stresses Dynamic effects - Fatigue strength - Factor of safety - Gear materials, Module and Face width-power rating calculations based on strength and wear considerations Parallel axis Helical Gears, Pressure angle in the normal and transverse plane-Equivalent number of teeth-forces and stresses. Estimating the size of the helical gears
UNIT III BEVEL, WORM AND CROSS HELICAL GEARS - Straight bevel gear: Tooth terminology, tooth forces and stresses, equivalent number of teeth. Estimating the dimensions of pair of straight bevel gears. Worm Gear: Merits and demeritsterminology.Thermal capacity, materials-forces and stresses, efficiency, estimating the size ofthe worm gear pair. Cross helical: Terminology-helix angles-Estimating the size of the pair ofcross helical gears.

UNIT IV DESIGN OF GEAR BOXES - Geometric progression - Standard step ratio -Ray diagram, kinematics layout -Design of slidingmesh gear box -Constant mesh gear box., Design of multi speed gear box.

UNIT V DESIGN OF CAM CLUTCHES AND BRAKES - Cam Design: Types-pressure angle and under cutting base circle determination-forces and surface stresses. Design of plate clutches,axial clutches-cone clutches-internal expanding rim clutches-internal and external shoe brakes.

You can easily download these notes, eBook on Design of transmission system below.

Downloads

• 10122ME603 - DESIGN OF TRANSMISSION SYSTEMS.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,646
Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 21, 2015
Student of
Engineering
Hi Fellas,

Check out the ebook of Design of transmission system for ME/AUE/IP engineering students. I will also share the lecture notes and other ebooks in PDF download format. This ebook covers the following modules.

UNIT I DESIGN OF TRANSMISSION SYSTEMS FOR FLEXIBLE ELEMENTS

Selection of V belts and pulleys-selection of Flat belts and pulleys-Wire ropes and pulleys,
Selection of Transmission chains and Sprockets.Design of pulleys and sprockets.

UNIT II SPUR GEARS AND PARALLEL AXIS HELICAL GEARS

Gear Terminology-Speed ratios and number of teeth-Force analysis -Tooth stresses Dynamic
effects - Fatigue strength - Factor of safety - Gear materials, Module and Face width-power
rating calculations based on strength and wear considerations Parallel axis Helical Gears,
Pressure angle in the normal and transverse plane-Equivalent number of teeth-forces and
stresses. Estimating the size of the helical gears
UNIT III BEVEL, WORM AND CROSS HELICAL GEARS

Straight bevel gear: Tooth terminology, tooth forces and stresses, equivalent number of teeth.
Estimating the dimensions of pair of straight bevel gears. Worm Gear: Merits and
demeritsterminology.Thermal capacity, materials-forces and stresses, efficiency, estimating
the size ofthe worm gear pair. Cross helical: Terminology-helix angles-Estimating the size of
the pair ofcross helical gears.

UNIT IV DESIGN OF GEAR BOXES

Geometric progression - Standard step ratio -Ray diagram, kinematics layout -Design of
slidingmesh gear box -Constant mesh gear box., Design of multi speed gear box.

UNIT V DESIGN OF CAM CLUTCHES AND BRAKES

Cam Design: Types-pressure angle and under cutting base circle determination-forces and
surface stresses. Design of plate clutches,axial clutches-cone clutches-internal expanding
rim clutches-internal and external shoe brakes.[/QUOT site is very good for studingE]this

adrsh

Senior User
Sep 20, 2020
Wow, thanks! This is THE best free study material ever for Design of transmission system subject – these PDF notes eBook for Design of transmission system would be a great help for all Mechanical/Automobile engineering students.

I am bookmarking Studynama for my future reference!