Computer Organization & Architecture question bank with solutions (Q&A) for Computer Science /BTech second year – PDF download

Pri.mod

Staff member
Aug 15, 2022
Student of
NA
Hello computer science B.Tech students,

Computer Organization & Architecture is an important subject in the B.Tech second year curriculum at AKTU (Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University). This subject covers the fundamental concepts of computer architecture and organization. It teaches students about the various components of a computer system, including the central processing unit (CPU), memory, input/output devices, and the interconnection between them. The course also covers topics related to instruction set architecture, assembly language programming, arithmetic and logic operations, processor organization, memory hierarchy, input-output organization, and pipelining. Students gain knowledge of both hardware and software aspects of computer systems, which are essential for designing efficient and effective computer systems. By the end of the course, students are equipped with the knowledge and skills necessary to design and analyze computer systems and to understand their limitations and potential.

I am sharing Computer Organization & Architecture question bank with answers and solutions in Q&A format for Computer Science /BTech second year. This is available as a PDF file for free download below.

List of topics covered in Computer Organization & Architecture question bank with solutions (Q&A) for Computer Science /BTech second year:
  • UNIT I: BASIC STRUCTURE OF COMPUTERS - Introduction, Computer organization and architecture, Instruction codes, Computer registers, Memory location, Memory operations, Input-output operations, Interrupts.
  • UNIT II: ARITHMETIC AND LOGIC UNIT - Addition and subtraction, Multiplication algorithms, Division algorithms, Floating-point arithmetic operations, Binary arithmetic, Logic operations, Boolean algebra, Combinational logic circuits.

• UNIT III: PROCESSOR ORGANIZATION - Basic MIPS architecture, MIPS instruction set, MIPS assembly language, Data path design, Control unit design, Hardwired control, Microprogrammed control.
  • UNIT IV: MEMORY ORGANIZATION - Memory hierarchy, Main memory, Auxiliary memory, Cache memory, Virtual memory, Memory management requirements, Paging, Segmentation.
  • UNIT V: INPUT-OUTPUT ORGANIZATION - External devices, I/O modules, Programmed I/O, Interrupt-driven I/O, Direct memory access (DMA), I/O channels and processors, Serial communication.
  • UNIT VI: PIPELINING - Basic concepts, Data hazards, Control hazards, Structural hazards, Pipelined datapath and control, Pipelined control, Instruction pipeline, Arithmetic pipeline, Data pipeline.
The PDF file containing Computer Organization & Architecture question bank with solutions (Q&A) for Computer Science /BTech second year students is available for a free download below.

Downloads

• ComputerOrganization&Architecture-BTech-2Year-Question bank.pdf
    13.5 MB · Views: 37