BSc. Communication Electronics Semester 3 - Lecture Notes, eBook PDF Download

S

shruthi.ur

Hey Folks,

I welcome you to my BSc. Thread on Studynama Community. On this thread, I have shared the PDF lecture notes for the subject – Communication Electronics.

These notes and eBook on Communication Electronics have been prepared by experienced Science faculty and toppers and will provide you with easy to study material. There are 93 no. of pages in this PDF lecture notes and the PDF file can be easily downloaded below.

List of key topics in Communication Electronics Notes eBook:

• Unit I: Electronic communication: Introduction to communication – means and modes. Need for modulation. Block diagram of an electronic communication system. Brief idea of frequency allocation for radio communication system in India (TRAI). Electromagnetic communication spectrum, band designations and usage. Channels and base-band signals. Concept of Noise, signal-to-noise (S/N) ratio.Analog Modulation: Amplitude Modulation, modulation index and frequency spectrum. Generation of AM (Emitter Modulation), Amplitude Demodulation (diode detector), Concept of Single side band generation and detection.
  • Unit II: Frequency Modulation (FM) and Phase Modulation (PM), modulation index and frequency spectrum, equivalence between FM and PM, Generation of FM using VCO, FM detector (slope detector), Qualitative idea of Super heterodyne receiver Analog Pulse Modulation: Channel capacity, Sampling theorem, Basic Principles- PAM, PWM, PPM, modulation and detection technique for PAM only, Multiplexing.
  • Unit III: Digital Pulse Modulation: Need for digital transmission, Pulse Code Modulation, Digital Carrier Modulation Techniques, Sampling, Quantization and Encoding. Concept of Amplitude Shift Keying (ASK), Frequency Shift Keying (FSK), Phase Shift Keying (PSK), and Binary Phase Shift Keying (BPSK).
  • Introduction to Communication and Navigation systems: Satellite Communication– Introduction, need, Geosynchronous satellite orbits, geostationary satellite advantages of geostationary satellites. Satellite visibility, transponders (C - Band), path loss, ground station, simplified block diagram of earth station. Uplink and downlink.
  • Unit IV: Mobile Telephony System – Basic concept of mobile communication, frequency bands used in mobile communication, concept of cell sectoring and cell splitting, SIM number, IMEI number, need for data encryption, architecture (block diagram) of mobile communication network, idea of GSM, CDMA, TDMA and FDMA technologies, simplified block diagram of mobile phone handset, 2G, 3G and 4G concepts (qualitative only). GPS navigation system (qualitative idea only)
You can download the PDF lecture notes eBook for the subject – Communication Electronics below. I hope you like them and get help in your studies. Moreover, please feel free to ask any query below or LIKE this post to motivate me to share more study materials with all students!

Cheers!!

Downloads

• BSc. Communication Electronics Semester 3 - Lecture Notes, eBook PDF Download.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 202

khubab12

Dec 7, 2020
are the lecture notes as per the syllabus given above. is the above syllabus fully covered in these notes. thank you

anem

Aug 9, 2021
Student of
Engineering
I'm failing to download the file