Basic Civil & Mechanical Engineering PDF Book/eBook, Lecture Notes Download

cool.sardar

Feb 21, 2015
Hey fellow engineers, "Basic Civil & Mechanical Engineering" is an essential subject in the first year of a Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) program. It aims to provide students with a broad understanding of the fundamental principles of civil and mechanical engineering. The course covers a wide range of topics, including engineering materials, structures, mechanics, and design. It introduces students to the concepts of force, stress, strain, and deformation, which are essential for analyzing and designing various mechanical and civil engineering systems.

The subject also covers topics such as properties of materials, surveying, construction methods, and drawing, which are critical for understanding and applying civil engineering principles. The course also includes practical sessions where students can learn about various tools and equipment used in engineering applications. The subject helps students develop problem-solving skills and enables them to apply engineering concepts and techniques to real-world problems. By the end of the course, students will have gained a solid foundation in civil and mechanical engineering, which will be useful in their future studies and careers in various fields of engineering.

I am sharing the PDF notes for Basic Civil & Mechanical Engineering as per the syllabus of first year engineering students. This eBook for Basic Civil & Mechanical Engineering will help you in your studies for your first year semester examination and assist you in getting good marks.

The following topics are covered in these notes & eBook of Basic Civil & Mechanical Engineering:

A. CIVIL ENGINEERING
  • UNIT I SURVEYING AND CIVIL ENGINEERING MATERIALS: Surveying: Objects - types, classification, principles & measurements of distances, angles, leveling, determination of areas, illustrative examples. Civil Engineering Materials: Bricks, stones, sand, cement, concrete- steel
  • UNIT II BUILDING COMPONENTS AND STRUCTURES: Foundations: Types, Bearing capacity, Requirement of good foundations. Superstructure: Brick masonry, stone masonry, beams, columns, lintels, roofing, flooring, plastering, Mechanics, Internal and external forces, stress, strain, elasticity, types of Bridges and Dams, Basics of Interior Design and Landscaping
B. MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
  • UNIT III POWER PLANT ENGINEERING: Introduction, Classification of Power Plants, Working principle of steam, Gas, Diesel, Hydro-electric and Nuclear power Plants, Merits and Demerits, Pumps and turbines, working principle of Reciprocating pumps (single acting and double acting), Centrifugal Pump
  • UNIT IV I C ENGINES: Internal combustion engines as automobile power plant, Working principle of Petrol and Diesel Engines, Four stroke and two stroke cycles, Comparison of four stroke and two stroke engines, Boiler as power plant
  • UNIT V REFRIGERATION AND AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEMS: Terminology of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, Principle of vapor compression and absorption system, Layout of typical domestic refrigerator, Window and Split type room Air conditioner.
You can easily download Basic Civil & Mechanical Engineering PDF eBook & Lecture Notes by clicking the link below.

Downloads

• BASIC CIVIL & MECHANICAL ENGINEERING.pdf
    7.1 MB · Views: 822
Last edited by a moderator:

Asd1982

Apr 10, 2015
Student of
Engineering
Hey fellow engineers!

I am sharing the pdf notes for Basic civil & mechanical engineering as per the syllabus of first year engineering students. This ebook for Basic civil & mechanical engineering will help you in your studies for your first year semester examination and assist you in getting good marks.

The following topics are covered in these notes & ebook:

A – CIVIL ENGINEERING

UNIT I SURVEYING AND CIVIL ENGINEERING MATERIALS

Surveying: Objects - types – classification – principles – measurements of distances – angles – leveling – determination of areas – illustrative examples

Civil Engineering Materials: Bricks – stones – sand – cement – concrete- steel

UNIT II BUILDING COMPONENTS AND STRUCTURES

Foundations: Types, Bearing capacity – Requirement of good foundations

Superstructure: Brick masonry – stone masonry – beams – columns – lintels – roofing – flooring – plastering – Mechanics – Internal and external forces – stress – strain – elasticity – types of Bridges and Dams – Basics of Interior Design and Landscaping

B – MECHANICAL ENGINEERING

UNIT III POWER PLANT ENGINEERING

Introduction, Classification of Power Plants – Working principle of steam, Gas, Diesel, Hydro-electric and Nuclear power Plants – Merits and Demerits – Pumps and turbines – working principle of Reciprocating pumps (single acting and double acting) – Centrifugal Pump

UNIT IV I C ENGINES

Internal combustion engines as automobile power plant – Working principle of Petrol and Diesel Engines – Four stroke and two stroke cycles – Comparison of four stroke and two stroke engines – Boiler as power plant

UNIT V REFRIGERATION AND AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEMS

Terminology of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, Principle of vapor compression and absorption system – Layout of typical domestic refrigerator – Window and Split type room Air conditioner.

Thank you!!

gaurikumar

Jan 16, 2017
Student of
Engineering
i need it for study - seems to be an amazing pdf notes on the subject of civil and mech engg.

Mohsin_sk

May 10, 2017
Student of
Super share brother - this made my life a bit easy as I was able to finish studying basic civil and mech engineering in a few hours with these notes ebook pdf file.

cool.sardar

Feb 21, 2015
A big thanks to team for providing content for Civil Engineering students !!
Super share brother - this made my life a bit easy as I was able to finish studying basic civil and mech engineering in a few hours with these notes ebook pdf file.
i need it for study - seems to be an amazing pdf notes on the subject of civil and mech engg.
Thank you!!

I am glad to see these comments and love it that my notes eBook on Basic Civil and Mechanical engineering has been so helpful for fellow engineering students!!