Applied Hydraulic Engineering- ebook,notes,pdf download for civil engineers

N

nainagupta95

Hi buddies,

I am sharing the Unit 1 OPEN CHANNEL FLOW of the subject APPLIED HYDRAULIC ENGINEERING.

UNIT 1 OPEN CHANNEL FLOW

Open channel flow, Types and regimes of flow, Velocity distribution in open channel, Wide open channel, Specific energy, Critical flow and its computation, channel transition.

UNIT II UNIFORM FLOW

Uniform flow, Velocity measurement, Manning's and Chezy's formula, Determination of roughness coefficients, Determination of normal depth and velocity, Most economical sections, Non-erodible channels

UNIT III VARIED FLOW

Dynamic equations of gradually varied flow, Assumptions, Characteristics of flow profiles, Draw down and back water curves, Profile determination, Graphical integration, direct step and standard step method, Flow through transitions - Hydraulic jump, Types, Energy dissipation, Surges.

UNIT IV PUMPS

Centrifugal pump - minimum speed to start the pump, multistage Pumps, Jet and submersible pumps - Positive displacement pumps - reciprocating pump - negative slip - flow separation conditions - air vessels -indicator diagram and its variation - savings in work done - rotary pumps.

UNIT V TURBINES

Turbines - draft tube and cavitations, Application of momentum principle, Impact of jets on plane and curved plates - turbines - classification - radial flow turbines - axial flow turbines, Impulse and Reaction

You can download this PDF version. I will share the lecture notes and ebooks on this subject soon which will cover more topics!

Downloads

• Ebook & Notes - APPLIED HYDRAULIC ENGINEERING.pdf
    893 KB · Views: 1,639
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Vaani1

Vaani1

Mar 26, 2018
Bangalore
Student of
Engineering
Simply wow. It will be great if you could share the complete subject notes. I am keen to study other chapters as well.