Programming for problem solving question bank with solutions (Q&A) for engineering/BTech first year – PDF download

Pri.mod

Staff member
Aug 15, 2022
Student of
NA
Hello B.Tech students,

Programming for problem-solving is a first-year B.Tech subject that introduces students to the fundamentals of programming and problem-solving techniques. The course covers programming concepts such as data types, control structures, functions, and arrays. It also emphasizes problem-solving strategies such as algorithm design, flowcharting, and debugging. Through this subject, students develop the ability to write computer programs that solve problems in various engineering disciplines. They learn how to design efficient algorithms and how to implement them using a programming language. The subject also emphasizes the importance of testing and debugging to ensure that programs work correctly. Programming for problem-solving is a critical subject for B.Tech students as it provides the foundation for more advanced programming courses in the curriculum. Moreover, the ability to write programs to solve problems is a valuable skill in many engineering disciplines and is in high demand in the job market.

I am sharing Programming for problem solving question bank with answers and solutions in Q&A format for engineering/BTech first year. This is available as a PDF file for free download below.

List of topics covered in Programming for problem solving question bank with solutions (Q&A) for engineering/BTech first year:
  • Unit I - Introduction to Programming: Introduction to components of a computer system: Memory, processor, I/O Devices, storage, operating system, Concept of assembler, compiler, interpreter, loader and linker. Idea of Algorithm: Representation of Algorithm, Flowchart, Pseudo code with examples, From algorithms to programs, source code. Programming Basics: Structure of C program: writing and executing the first C program, Syntax and logical errors in compilation, object and executable code. Components of C language: Standard I/O in C, Fundamental data types, Variables and memory locations, Storage classes.
  • Unit II - Arithmetic expressions & Conditional Branching: Arithmetic expressions and precedence: Operators and expression using numeric and relational operators, mixed operands, type conversion, logical operators, bit operations, assignment operator, operator precedence and associatively. Conditional Branching: Applying if and switch statements, nesting if and else, use of break and default with switch.

• Unit III - Loops & Functions: Iteration and loops: use of while, do while and for loops, multiple loop variables, use of break and continue statements. Functions: Introduction, types of functions, functions with array, passing parameters to functions, call by value, call by reference, recursive functions.
  • Unit IV - Arrays & Basic Algorithms: Arrays: Array notation and representation, manipulating array elements, using multi dimensional arrays. Character arrays and strings, Structure, union, enumerated data types, Array of structures, Passing arrays to functions. Basic Algorithms: Searching &Basic Sorting Algorithms (Bubble, Insertion and Selection), Finding roots of equations, Notion of order of complexity.
  • Unit V - Pointer & File Handling: Pointers: Introduction, declaration, applications, Introduction to dynamic memory allocation (malloc, calloc, realloc, free), Use of pointers in self-referential structures, notion of linked list (no implementation) File handling: File I/O functions, Standard C preprocessors, defining and calling macros, command-line arguments.
The PDF file containing Programming for problem solving question bank with solutions (Q&A) for engineering/BTech first year students is available for a free download below.

Downloads

• ProgrammingforProblemSolving - BTech-1Year-Question bank.pdf
    5.3 MB · Views: 39