Microprocessor question bank with solutions (Q&A) for Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) engineering/BTech second year – PDF download

Pri.mod

Staff member
Aug 15, 2022
Student of
NA
Hello B.Tech Students,

Microprocessor is an essential subject offered in the second year of the Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) program at the University. The course covers fundamental concepts related to microprocessors and microcontroller systems. The syllabus covers topics such as instruction set architecture, memory interfacing, I/O interfacing, interrupts, and programming concepts. Students also learn about the various types of microprocessors, their architectures, and their applications. The course is designed to equip students with practical skills related to designing and implementing microprocessor-based systems. Upon successful completion of the course, students will have a strong foundation in microprocessor-based system design, which is an essential skill for professionals in fields such as electronics and computer engineering.
I am sharing Microprocessor question bank with answers and solutions in Q&A format for Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) engineering/BTech second year. This is available as a PDF file for free download below.

List of topics covered in Microprocessor question bank with solutions (Q&A) for Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) engineering/BTech second year:

Unit 1:

• Introduction to Microprocessor
  • Introduction to Microprocessors and Microcomputers
  • Evolution of Microprocessors
  • Architecture and Organization of Microprocessors
  • Introduction to Instruction Set Architecture
Unit 2:
  • Assembly Language Programming
  • Instruction set of 8085 Microprocessor
  • Addressing modes and instruction set of 8086 Microprocessor
  • Programming using Assembly Language for 8085 and 8086 Microprocessors
  • Simple programs involving logic operations, arithmetic operations, and branching

Unit 3:

• Microprocessor System Design
  • Memory Interfacing: Address decoding, memory mapping, and interfacing techniques
  • I/O Interfacing: Types of I/O Devices, Interfacing Techniques, Programmable Peripheral Interface (8255)
  • DMA Controller: Architecture, Modes of Operation
Unit 4:
  • Interrupts and Timers
  • Interrupts: Interrupt structure, Types of Interrupts, Maskable and Non-Maskable Interrupts, Interrupt Service Routine (ISR)
  • Timers and Counters: 8253/8254 Timer/Counter Architecture, Mode of operations, Interfacing
Unit 5:
  • Introduction to Microcontroller
  • Introduction to Microcontrollers: Architecture, difference between Microprocessor and Microcontroller
  • PIC Microcontroller: Architecture, Special Function Registers (SFRs), Addressing Modes, Instruction Set
The PDF file containing Microprocessor question bank with solutions (Q&A) for Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) engineering/BTech second year students is available for a free download below.

Downloads

• Microprocessor-BTech-2Year-Question bank.pdf
    8.5 MB · Views: 16