Mechanics of Materials Hand Written Notes, eBook for Mechanical Engg - Free PDF Download

babin123

Aug 22, 2015
Student of
Engineering
Hey Mechanical Engineering Friends,

I am sharing my class handwritten notes on the subject - Mechanics of Materials. These notes are to the point and taken down from one of the best MoM professor in India - Prof. Mukherjee. These are hand written notes on Mechanics of Materials and you can simply take a print out and study for your exams.

Key topics covered in Mechanics of Materials handwritten notes:
  • Stress and Strain: Introduction, Hooke’s law, Calculation of stresses in straight, Stepped and tapered sections, Composite sections, Stresses due to temperature change, Shear stress and strain, Lateral strain and Poisson’s ratio, Generalized Hooke’s law, Bulk modulus, Relationship between elastic constants.
  • Analysis of Stress and Strain: Plane stress, Stresses on inclined planes, Principal stresses and maximum shear stress, Principal angles, Shear stresses on principal planes, Maximum shear tress, Mohr circle for plane stress conditions.
  • Cylinders: Thin cylinder: Hoop’s stress, maximum shear stress, circumferential and longitudinal strains, Thick cylinders: Lames equations.
  • Shear Forces and Bending Moments: Type of beams, Loads and reactions, Relationship between loads, shear forces and bending moments, Shear force and bending moments of cantilever beams. Pin support and roller supported beams subjected to concentrated loads and uniformly distributed constant / varying loads. Stress in Beams, Normal stresses in Beams with rectangular, circular, ‘I’ and ‘T’ cross sections, Flexure Formula, Bending Stresses, Deflection of beams (Curvature).
  • Torsion: Circular solid and hallow shafts, Torsional moment of resistance, Power transmission of straight and stepped shafts, Twist in shaft sections, Thin tubular sections.
  • Thin walled sections Columns: Buckling and stability, Critical load, Columns with pinned ends, Columns with other support conditions, Effective length of columns, Secant formula for columns.
  • Strain Energy: Castigliano’s theorem I and II, Load deformation diagram, Strain energy due to normal stresses, Shear stresses, Modulus of resilience, Strain energy due to bending and torsion.
  • Theories of Failure: Maximum Principal stress theory, Maximum shear stress theory.
You can easily download this Mechanics of Materials Hand Written Notes, eBook below.

Downloads

• Mechanics of Materials_Part 2.pdf
    5.1 MB · Views: 233
  • Mechanics of Materials_Part 1.pdf
    9.9 MB · Views: 247
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: cool.sardar

cool.sardar

Feb 21, 2015
Thanks for sharing this Mechanics of Materials Hand Written Notes, eBook PDF File. CIAO.