Machine dynamics-2 lecture notes/ebook pdf download for ME/IP

Hi friends

On this thread i have uploaded high quality notes/ebook for the subject Machine dynamics-2. It is a very important subject of the course and i am sure these notes will help you prepare well for the semester exams.

Topics Covered:

• Module, I
1. Toothed Gears: Theory of shape and action of tooth properties and methods of generation of
standard tooth profiles, standard proportion , interference and undercutting, methods for
eliminating interference ,minimum number of teeth to avoid interference.(7)
2. Gyroscope:Gyroscopic couple, plane disc, analysis of forces on bearing due to forced
precession of rotating disc

• Module - II
3. Cams: Simple harmonics, constant velocity and acceleration types, displacement, velocity and
acceleration of follower ,cams with specified contours.(6)
4. Governors: Centrifugal governors

• Module - III
5. Balancing: Balancing of revolving masses in one plane and different planes ,partial balancing
of single cylinder ,engine balancing of multicylinder engine ,v and radial engine ,methods of
direct and reverse cranks(5)
6. Dynamics Of Machine: Turning moment diagram ,flywheel

• Module - IV
7. Vibration : Introduction to vibration, causes of vibration, elimination of vibration, types of
vibration, longitudinal, transverse , torsional ; definition of terminology like natural frequency,
amplitude , time period , free vibration, forced vibration, resonance, degree of freedom with
examples , calculation of natural frequency of undamped single degree of freedom system by
Newton's 2nd Law

These notes can be downloaded by clicking on the pdf icon below.

Downloads