Mass Transfer-1 PDF Notes, Book & eBook for Chemical Engineering 2nd Year

ravi_bajaj

Mar 30, 2018
Student of
Engineering
Hey other Engineering Folks, on this thread, I have shared the PDF lecture notes for the subject – Mass transfer I of other Engineering. These notes and eBook on Mass transfer I have been prepared by experienced engineering faculty and toppers and will provide you with easy to study material.

There are 108 no. of pages in this PDF lecture notes and the PDF file can be easily downloaded below.

List of key topics in Mass transfer I Notes eBook for Chemical Engineering Course:

• Module - I: Introduction to Mass transfer operations, molecular diffusion in fluids, binary solutions, Fick‟s law, equation of continuity, in laminar and turbulent flow, Film theory, Penetration theory, surface renewal theories, analogy between mass, heat and momentum transfer etc.
  • Module – II: Principle of VLE for binary systems, phase diagrams, relative volatility, ideal solutions, azeotropes, enthalpy concentration diagrams, flash vaporization,
  • partial condensation, differential distillation steam distillation, azeotropic and extractive distillation. Continuous distillation: Mc Cabe - Thiele method, Ponchon - Savarit method, Tray efficiencies, introduction to multi component distillation.
  • Module - III: Absorption : Solubility of gases in liquids, two components system, multi component system, ideal and non - ideal solutions, choice of solvent for absorption, single component absorption material balance, counter current multistage operations, dilute gas mixtures, non - isothermal operation, tray efficiency, continuous contact equipment, HETP, HTU, NTU concepts for single component absorption.
  • Module - IV: Humidification Operations : Definition of fundamental terms, Psychometric charts, theory of adiabatic saturation and wet bulb temperature, Lewis relation, Gas liquid contact, Dehumidification, Adiabatic Humidification. Equipments: Natural Circulation, Natural draft, Mechanical draft
You can download the PDF lecture notes eBook for the subject - Mass transfer I below. I hope you like them and get help in your studies. Moreover, please feel free to ask any query below or LIKE this post to motivate me to share more study materials with all students!

Downloads

• Mass Transfer - & eBook Download for Second year Chemical Engineering.pdf
    4.9 MB · Views: 398
Last edited by a moderator:

Ayan063

Mar 27, 2022
Student of
Engineering
Hey other Engineering Folks, on this thread, I have shared the PDF lecture notes for the subject – Mass transfer I of other Engineering. These notes and eBook on Mass transfer I have been prepared by experienced engineering faculty and toppers and will provide you with easy to study material.

There are 108 no. of pages in this PDF lecture notes and the PDF file can be easily downloaded below.

List of key topics in Mass transfer I Notes eBook for Chemical Engineering Course:

• Module - I: Introduction to Mass transfer operations, molecular diffusion in fluids, binary solutions, Fick‟s law, equation of continuity, in laminar and turbulent flow, Film theory, Penetration theory, surface renewal theories, analogy between mass, heat and momentum transfer etc.
  • Module – II: Principle of VLE for binary systems, phase diagrams, relative volatility, ideal solutions, azeotropes, enthalpy concentration diagrams, flash vaporization,
  • partial condensation, differential distillation steam distillation, azeotropic and extractive distillation. Continuous distillation: Mc Cabe - Thiele method, Ponchon - Savarit method, Tray efficiencies, introduction to multi component distillation.
  • Module - III: Absorption : Solubility of gases in liquids, two components system, multi component system, ideal and non - ideal solutions, choice of solvent for absorption, single component absorption material balance, counter current multistage operations, dilute gas mixtures, non - isothermal operation, tray efficiency, continuous contact equipment, HETP, HTU, NTU concepts for single component absorption.
  • Module - IV: Humidification Operations : Definition of fundamental terms, Psychometric charts, theory of adiabatic saturation and wet bulb temperature, Lewis relation, Gas liquid contact, Dehumidification, Adiabatic Humidification. Equipments: Natural Circulation, Natural draft, Mechanical draft
You can download the PDF lecture notes eBook for the subject - Mass transfer I below. I hope you like them and get help in your studies. Moreover, please feel free to ask any query below or LIKE this post to motivate me to share more study materials with all students!
How to open this file I downloaded the file but can't open

Reactions: Maheshbabu02