IIT JEE Advanced 2016 - Subject-wise analysis, marks distribution, marks allocation

Admin001

Staff member
Jan 18, 2015
Student of
M.Tech
Hi friends,

Here's I am sharing a brief overview of IIT JEE Advanced 2016 and its key highlights below.

Key highlights of IIT JEE Advanced 2016 analysis:
  • The JEE Advanced consists of two papers - I and II. In each of Paper I and Paper II, a total of 54 questions were asked.
  • There were 18 questions from each subject and each paper was of 186 marks. Thereby, each subject was of a total of 124 marks.
  • Total marks for both papers together were 372.
  • Questions of 141 marks were asked from class 11th syllabus and questions of 231 marks were asked from class 12th syllabus
  • In paper I, the chemistry section was relatively difficult. In addition, because of lengthy and calculation intensive problems in maths section, it could be put between medium and difficult. Physics section was relatively easier among the three subjects.
  • In paper II, the physics section was relatively difficult. Due to lengthy and calculation intensive problems in mathematics section, it could be put between medium and difficult. Chemistry section was relatively easier among the three subjects.
We hope the above analysis will help you fine tune your strategy while preparing for the IIT JEE Advanced entrance exam. Please ask any queries regarding this below. Our JEE Advanced experts will be happy to answer all your questions.

Last edited: