Design of transmission system lecture notes,ebook,pdf download ME/AUE/IP

akshay

Hi Fellas,

Check out the ebook of Design of transmission system for ME/AUE/IP engineering students. I will also share the lecture notes and other ebooks in PDF download format.

This eBook, notes on Design of transmission system covers the following modules.

UNIT I DESIGN OF TRANSMISSION SYSTEMS FOR FLEXIBLE ELEMENTS

Selection of V belts and pulleys-selection of Flat belts and pulleys-Wire ropes and pulleys, Selection of Transmission chains and Sprockets.Design of pulleys and sprockets.

UNIT II SPUR GEARS AND PARALLEL AXIS HELICAL GEARS

Gear Terminology-Speed ratios and number of teeth-Force analysis -Tooth stresses Dynamic effects - Fatigue strength - Factor of safety - Gear materials, Module and Face width-power rating calculations based on strength and wear considerations Parallel axis Helical Gears, Pressure angle in the normal and transverse plane-Equivalent number of teeth-forces and stresses. Estimating the size of the helical gears
UNIT III BEVEL, WORM AND CROSS HELICAL GEARS

Straight bevel gear: Tooth terminology, tooth forces and stresses, equivalent number of teeth. Estimating the dimensions of pair of straight bevel gears. Worm Gear: Merits and demeritsterminology.Thermal capacity, materials-forces and stresses, efficiency, estimating the size ofthe worm gear pair. Cross helical: Terminology-helix angles-Estimating the size of the pair ofcross helical gears.

UNIT IV DESIGN OF GEAR BOXES

Geometric progression - Standard step ratio -Ray diagram, kinematics layout -Design of slidingmesh gear box -Constant mesh gear box., Design of multi speed gear box.

UNIT V DESIGN OF CAM CLUTCHES AND BRAKES

Cam Design: Types-pressure angle and under cutting base circle determination-forces and surface stresses. Design of plate clutches,axial clutches-cone clutches-internal expanding rim clutches-internal and external shoe brakes.

You can easily download these notes, eBook on Design of transmission system below.

Downloads

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Fellas,

Check out the ebook of Design of transmission system for ME/AUE/IP engineering students. I will also share the lecture notes and other ebooks in PDF download format. This ebook covers the following modules.

UNIT I DESIGN OF TRANSMISSION SYSTEMS FOR FLEXIBLE ELEMENTS

Selection of V belts and pulleys-selection of Flat belts and pulleys-Wire ropes and pulleys,
Selection of Transmission chains and Sprockets.Design of pulleys and sprockets.

UNIT II SPUR GEARS AND PARALLEL AXIS HELICAL GEARS

Gear Terminology-Speed ratios and number of teeth-Force analysis -Tooth stresses Dynamic
effects - Fatigue strength - Factor of safety - Gear materials, Module and Face width-power
rating calculations based on strength and wear considerations Parallel axis Helical Gears,
Pressure angle in the normal and transverse plane-Equivalent number of teeth-forces and
stresses. Estimating the size of the helical gears
UNIT III BEVEL, WORM AND CROSS HELICAL GEARS

Straight bevel gear: Tooth terminology, tooth forces and stresses, equivalent number of teeth.
Estimating the dimensions of pair of straight bevel gears. Worm Gear: Merits and
demeritsterminology.Thermal capacity, materials-forces and stresses, efficiency, estimating
the size ofthe worm gear pair. Cross helical: Terminology-helix angles-Estimating the size of
the pair ofcross helical gears.

UNIT IV DESIGN OF GEAR BOXES

Geometric progression - Standard step ratio -Ray diagram, kinematics layout -Design of
slidingmesh gear box -Constant mesh gear box., Design of multi speed gear box.

UNIT V DESIGN OF CAM CLUTCHES AND BRAKES

Cam Design: Types-pressure angle and under cutting base circle determination-forces and
surface stresses. Design of plate clutches,axial clutches-cone clutches-internal expanding
rim clutches-internal and external shoe brakes.[/QUOT site is very good for studingE]this