Computer organisation & architecture ebook,notes,pdf download for CS/IT

akshay

Hey Guys,

Check out the ebook of Computer organization & architecture for CS/IT engineering students. I will upload lecture notes and other ebooks on the subject for your reference. The topics in this ebook are as follows:

COMPUTER ORGANIZATION AND ARCHITECTURE

UNIT I BASIC STRUCTURE OF COMPUTERS

Functional units, Basic operational concepts, Bus structures, Performance and metrics, Instructions and instruction sequencing, Hardware, Software interface, Instruction set architecture, Addressing modes, RISC, CISC, ALU design, Fixed point and floating point operations.

UNIT II BASIC PROCESSING UNIT

Fundamental concepts, Execution of a complete instruction, Multiple bus organization, Hardwired control, Micro programmed control, Nano programming.

UNIT III PIPELINING

Basic concepts, Data hazards, Instruction hazards, Influence on instruction sets, Data path and control considerations, Performance considerations, Exception handling.

UNIT IV MEMORY SYSTEM

Basic concepts, Semiconductor RAM, ROM, Speed, Size and cost, Cache memories, Improving cache performance, Virtual memory, Memory management requirements, Associative memories, Secondary storage devices.

UNIT V I/O ORGANIZATION

Accessing I/O devices, Programmed I/O, Interrupts, Direct memory access, Buses, Interface Circuits, Standard I/O interfaces (PCI, SCSI, and USB), I/O Devices and processors.

Also, there is a model question paper at the end of this eBook. I found it very useful.

Downloads

Last edited by a moderator: