Automobile Engineering quick revision PDF notes, book, eBook for Mechanical Engineering 2nd Year

akshay

Feb 19, 2015
Student of
M.Tech
Hello Engineers, Automobile Engineering is a subject of Mechanical Engineering that focuses on the design, development, and production of automobiles. It covers various topics such as vehicle dynamics, engine design, transmission systems, and safety features. As Automobile Engineering is one of the most important subject in ME/AUE/IP engineering branch. So, i thought to share this excellent eBook in the pdf format for you all to download and study. These notes on Automobile Engineering cover the following topics:
  • UNIT I VEHICLE STRUCTURE AND ENGINES - Types of automobiles, vehicle construction and different layouts, chassis, frame and body, Resistances to vehicle motion and need for a gearbox, components of engine, their forms, functions and materials

• UNIT II ENGINE AUXILIARY SYSTEMS - Electronically controlled gasoline injection system for SI engines, electronically controlled Diesel injection system (Unit injector system, Rotary distributor type and common rail direct Injection system), Electronic ignition system, Turbo chargers, and Engine emission control by three Way catalytic converter systems
  • UNIT III TRANSMISSION SYSTEMS - Clutch types and construction, gear boxes manual and automatic, gear shift mechanisms, over Drive, transfer box, fluid flywheel – torque converter, propeller shaft, slip joints, universal joints Differential, and rear axle, Hotchkiss Drive and Torque Tube Drive.
  • UNIT IV STEERING, BRAKES AND SUSPENSION SYSTEMS - Steering geometry and types of steering gear boxPower Steering, Types of Front Axle, Types of Suspension Systems, Pneumatic and Hydraulic Braking Systems, Antilock Braking System and Traction Control
  • UNIT V ALTERNATIVE ENERGY SOURCES - Use of Natural Gas, Liquefied Petroleum Gas. Biodiesel, Bio-ethanol, Gasohol and Hydrogen in Automobiles Engine modifications required –Performance ,Combustion and Emission
  • Characteristics of SI and CI engines with these alternate fuels Electric and Hybrid Vehicles, Fuel Cell
You can easily download these notes on Automobile Engineering for Mechanical engineering students by clicking the download link below.

Downloads

• Automobile Engineering Notes, eBook.pdf
    10.1 MB · Views: 685
Last edited by a moderator:

Admin001

Staff member
Jan 18, 2015
Student of
M.Tech
Is there any one help me out pls mail me pdf of it ... xxxxx@ *****.com

Hi Siva, we do not allow email ids to be shared publicly on Studynama Community. Please refrain from the same.

In addition, I have checked the file is working perfectly fine. Would request you to clear your cache and cookies and then try again. Thanks.

Fatheh_sheik

Feb 18, 2017
Student of
Engineering
Hello.
Every time I try to download this pdf, it fails.
Says couldn't download this file.
I have registered successfully though!
Please help me.

sangeetha33

Jan 12, 2017
Hyderabad
Student of
BBA
Hello.
Every time I try to download this pdf, it fails.
Says couldn't download this file.
I have registered successfully though!
Please help me.

These notes on Automobile engineering are working and downloading fine for me dude. Try in another browser. If you have a download manager, disable it and then try.

Reactions: santa.banta
S

santa.banta

These notes on Automobile engineering are working and downloading fine for me dude. Try in another browser. If you have a download manager, disable it and then try.

Yup, thanks for clarifying. Working fine for me as well!

cool.sardar

Feb 21, 2015
Wow, simply wow! Great and helpful notes on Automobile engineering, truly helpful for all mechanical engineering students!

adrsh

Senior User
Sep 20, 2020
Wow, thanks! This is THE best free study material ever for Automobile Engineering subject – these PDF notes eBook for Automobile Engineering would be a great help for all Mechanical/Automobile engineering students.

I am bookmarking Studynama for my future reference!